McAuley High School offers a quality Catholic education, in the Mercy tradition, that challenges young women to strive for standards of personal excellence.
It is a high performing, proudly Catholic school for 800 Year 9-13 students in South Auckland. In 2016, the school won the Prime Minister’s Supreme award for excellence in leading, teaching and learning and engaging the community. It has a dedicated, hard-working and forward-thinking staff and Board of Trustees and enjoys strong community support for high expectations and a focus on student success.
The Board of Trustees is seeking an experienced, confident and inspirational leader with vision, energy, positivity and optimism. Our new Principal will demonstrate a strong and authentic faith and a clear commitment to the Gospel values, our special Catholic character and the Catholic community. An unrelenting focus on student achievement and the ability to build on the school’s success is essential.
We want a leader who will work collaboratively, who understands the worlds of the students and will engage and inspire our diverse community.
The following attributes and skills are also important to this role:
• A clear understanding of the processes for ongoing review, improvement and development
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Up to date with the needs of 21st century learners, expertise in modern teaching and learning practices and supportive of diverse opportunities for learning
• A strategic thinker who is progressive and future-focussed in outlook
• Outstanding organisation, and administrative skills
A willingness and ability to take part in religious instruction, appropriate to the special character of the school, is a condition of appointment.
The position will commence in Term 1 2018.
Applications close at 1:00 pm on Tuesday 15 August 2017.