Southern Cross Campus is a large composite school that caters for 1500 students (Years 1-13) in the suburb of Mangere in Auckland. The school has deep ties to the Mangere community by providing education, facilities, and programmes for the wider use of the community. Most students have Pacific cultural heritage, sixteen percent are Māori and families/whanau are encouraged to be actively involved in the education of their children. The Campus comprises a Junior School (Years 1 – 8) and a College (Years 9 – 13).
Our Campus provides a unique opportunity for an outstanding leader, with the support of a committed Board of Trustees, to genuinely make a difference in the lives of young people and their families. This is a job for an idealist who believes in the power of education to uplift young people and communities.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A PRINCIPAL WHO CAN:
- Build on a culture of, and desire for, success at school
- Work closely with students and local communities
- Focus on raising academic performance whilst also overseeing the day-to-day management of a complex school
- Attract, develop and retain talented leaders and teachers
- Manage the diverse and different needs of the junior school and college
- Creatively build and enhance the capability of this decile one campus to meet the aspirations and educational needs of its community
Applications close 1:00 pm Friday 24th January 2020