PRINCIPAL | TUMUAKI
U6, Decile 10, Years 1 to 6, Roll approximately 650
Situated on the city fringes of Auckland, Westmere School | Te Rehu is a vibrant hub in our community. We are a U6, Decile 10 school from Years 1 to 6 with a roll of approximately 650. Our Māori medium unit, Ngā Uri o Ngā Iwi, has a roll of 70 and is integral to and highly valued within our school.
Having completed an extensive redevelopment of our school in July 2015, our spaces reflect our modern approach to teaching and learning.
Supported by a committed and dynamic leadership team, a dedicated and professional staff, a motivated board, an engaged parent body and a welcoming local community we are now seeking applications from passionate educators with an inclusive leadership style that inspires, motivates and empowers others, keeping student wellbeing and achievement at the heart of decision making.
This is an excellent opportunity for a proven, collaborative leader who:
- Upholds the special character and builds on the existing strengths of our school
- Honours Te Tiriti o Waitangi, our partnership with Ngā Uri o Ngā Iwi and champions Te Reo and tikanga Māori
- Values difference and is committed to inclusion
- Has practical experience with and embraces modern learning pedagogy, including the seamless use of digital technology in teaching and learning
- Has a deep commitment to student agency and educating the whole child
- Is innovative, future-focussed, a strategic thinker and successful implementer
- Builds strong, respectful relationships with students, staff, whānau and the community
- Is an effective communicator who is approachable, reflective, a good listener and courageous
Applications close 1:00 pm Monday 27th November
The position commences in Term 1, 2018 or as negotiated