Date: Friday 12 June 2020
Venue: Waipuna Hotel and Convention Centre, Mt Wellington, Auckland
Cost: $425 + GST
FOR PRINCIPALS, HEADS OF DEPARTMENT, TEAM LEADERS
OR ANYONE IN A SCHOOL OR SYSTEM LEADERSHIP
In a world of uncertainty, dealing with complex or ‘wicked’ problems, can be overwhelming. Often, our views of leadership sit somewhere between the metaphor of Hero or Servant.
Introducing the new, yet ancient, metaphor of Host, can support and guide the thinking, strategy and actions of the modern leader. While no one idea or theory of leadership can sufficiently describe how to navigate the complexity of our relational contexts, the idea of Leader as Host is an exciting way to help leaders be agile in their interactions and decisions.
This program begins to explore the six roles and four positions of this type of leader as described in the acclaimed book by Dr Mark McKergow and Helen Baily, Host the Six Roles on Engagement (2014).
THIS PROGRAM IS DESIGNED TO:
- Introduce the metaphor of Host in leadership relationships
- Understand as Host, when to step forward or back
- Develop the six roles of Host leaders
- Outline and develop the four positions
- Develop relationships, strategies and skills in leading as Host