TEACHING AS INQUIRY
Developing a Culture of Professional Inquiry in our Schools
Target Audience: Principals, School leaders in Primary, Secondary and Area Schools
Date: 22 & 23 March 2018
9 & 10 August 2018
Cost: $650 + GST
Venue: Auckland: Waipuna Conference Centre, 58 Waipuna Road, Mt Wellington, Auckland
Time: 8:30 am – 3:30 pm
This two-day practical workshop will explore what it means to develop a genuine culture of inquiry in our schools. From senior leaders to classroom teachers, inquiry into practice can provide powerful insights into how what we do impacts outcomes for students.
The course will support school leaders to:
- strengthen their skills and understanding in developing an inquiry frame and system for implementation. This will include sharing models of inquiry and a systematic way of implementing inquiry across the school.
- explore the place of collaborative and individual inquiry into practice
- work with teachers to develop an inquiry focus/goal based on the learning needs of teachers and linked to outcomes for students.
- have conversations with teachers and colleagues to talk about the progress being made within the inquiry.
- make explicit links to professional inquiry for themselves as leaders
The programme will also present the experiences of New Zealand schools in using inquiry to transform teaching and learning practices and leadership practices.