Training for Primary and Secondary School Appraisers
18 & 19 March – Auckland
This programme is suitable for: Primary and Secondary middle and senior leaders responsible for appraisal
This two day workshop will support appraisers to develop their skills in carrying out appraisals. Participants will examine:
- The conceptual frame for appraisal
- Components of appraisal: goal setting, inquiry into practice, learning conversations and appraisal report
- Their understanding of what constitutes evidence of practice?
- The alignment of the Professional Standards, Tataiako and Middle Leader Dimensions
- The place of inquiry in appraisals
- Fronting under performance
- Observing teaching practice
- Unpacking the Standards for the Teaching Profession
As a result of attending this workshop, participants will be confident to support teachers to examine their practice, set challenging goals, understand what constitutes evidence and be able to make overall evaluative judgements on teaching practice in relation to the Professional Standards.
Participants will also have opportunities to practice having conversations that front under performance.
- $650 + GST per person
- 3+ registrations from the same school: $590 + GST per person
What people have said…
“We discuss aspects of what we learnt (at the Training for Primary and Secondary Appraisers workshop) at every leadership meeting! It was the best PD we did all year.”, Glenys Jakicevich, St Francis Xavier Catholic School, Whangarei, 2017
“Recently, I enjoyed the very real privilege of attending a superb workshop conducted by The Education Group on ‘Training for Primary and Secondary Appraisers’. Not only were the presenters, Kerry Mitchell and Nicky Knight, thoroughly knowledgeable in this highly pertinent subject, but conveyed their message in an energetic, clear and thoroughly professional manner. I found it to be be one of the most worthwhile workshops I have attended in my twenty one years as the principal of a large secondary school and commend The Education Group to other educational leaders without reservation.”
Roger Moses, ONZM, Headmaster, Wellington College, 2015
“Thank you so much for a relevant two day course!!”
“Facilitators very clear, well prepared, willing and knowledgeable”.
“Left feeling knowledgeable, inspired and enthused”.