COACHING IN EDUCATION SYMPOSIUM 2021
Date: Friday 27 August 2021
Time: 8:30am – 3:30pm
Venue: Royal New Zealand Yacht Squadron, 181 Westhaven Drive, Westhaven Marina, Auckland
The Coaching in Education Symposium – Moving On Up! brings together global coaching in education thought-leader and academic, Professor Christian van Nieuwerburgh, together with Growth Coaching’s executive team and local practitioners for a one-day event, held in Auckland on Friday 27 August 2021.
The day will include:
- Keynote addresses by Professor Christian van Nieuwerburgh on Global Perspectives and Advanced Practice in Coaching in Education, and Executive Director GCI and Chris Munro, Managing Director GCI
- Practical breakout sessions including:
- Professor Christian van Nieuwerburgh – Advanced Coaching Practice and the Skill of Noticing
- Ben Calleja, Director GCI WA/SA/NT – Video Enhanced Peer Coaching
- Advanced Coaching Practice
- Local schools sharing case study stories – building a learning culture; students coaching students for senior schools; coaching in Kāhui Ako.
This event will not only inspire, but will share best practice, research and practical knowledge on the topic of coaching in education communities
The Benefits of attending:
- Hearing about the latest international research and trends in coaching and mentoring
- Sharing case studies from our local schools about their coaching development
- Meeting and learning from others in the ‘coaching in education’ world
- Sharing case studies from Kāhui Ako about how coaching is used to enhance student wellbeing and success
Who should attend?
- Senior leaders, school principals, deputy and assistant principals and head teachers
- Education consultants, HR managers and professional development providers
- Educators in the Tertiary Sector
- Teachers aspiring to leadership roles
- Within and across school leaders in Kāhui Ako
- Professional Learning and Development facilitators
Keynote Speakers (If NZ borders remain closed, keynote speakers will be via Zoom)
Professor Christian Van Niewerburgh is Executive Director of Growth Coaching International, Professor of Coaching and Positive Psychology at the University of East London (UK) and Honorary Fellow at the Centre of Positive Psychology of the Melbourne Graduate School of Education at the University of Melbourne (Australia). Christian is recognised as a thought-leader in the field of coaching in education, and has published numerous articles, book chapters and books on the topic. He regularly delivers keynote addresses globally and undertakes research into the application of coaching and positive psychology in educational settings.
Chris Munro leads Growth Coaching International’s Strategic Leadership Team in Australia and New Zealand. Chris is passionate about teacher growth and leadership, and the powerful catalysing role that coaching can play. He has extensive experience in supporting and leading the development of teachers and school leaders, drawn from over 25 years of working in Government and Independent schools and in Higher Education. Chris has also performed advisory roles for the Scottish Qualifications Authority, Local Government Education Department and Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Education (HMIE) in Scotland.
Programme details TBA
Contact details for Coaching in Education Symposium:
Phone: 09 920 2173