Freemans Bay School | Waiatarau
6 Permanent Management Units
Central Auckland – Year 0 – 6 with 600 students and a growing roll
We have a diverse and inclusive learning environment which empowers, engages and enriches learners to prepare them for their future world.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and inspiring leader to join our collaborative team and kura.
Students from many ethnic backgrounds attend Freemans Bay School which makes our school an exciting and vibrant place to be. A commitment to Ako and Te Tiriti o Waitangi is reflected in our school culture. Our school has two learning pathways for our students: our Rumaki Reo, Whānau Ata, which delivers Marautanga o Aotearoa, our English pathway which delivers the New Zealand Curriculum
We are seeking a DP who can bring a range of expertise and lead in the following key areas:
- Curriculum Refresh and Local Curriculum
- SENCO – Learning Support, Pastoral Care and Transitions into, within and out of our school
- Attendance – monitoring and supporting students and whānau
- Health and Safety
- International Students including marketing
- Coaching of all staff and leading the Professional Growth Cycle
- ICT strengths
- Experience to support the principal in the area of property would also be valued
These may be adjusted to suit the strengths of the successful candidate.
We would encourage you to visit our school, meet our students and explore this leadership opportunity. Please see page 18 of the application pack for details.
Applications close 3:00 pm Wednesday 6 December. Position commences on Monday 29th January 2024 or as soon after this as possible.
Please visit the school website https://www.freemansbay.school.nz/