Principal | Tumuaki
Year 9-13 – roll approx. 750 – Commencing Term 2, 2024
Kia ora, talofa lava, mālō e lelei, kia orana, namaste, chao, fakalofa lahi atu, assalaam-wa-alikum and greetings. The Māngere College community is looking for an inspiring and visionary principal to lead the school into a new chapter of our history.
Māngere College has served our community for over 50 years. Our school is more than just a centre of education; it’s a community hub that has been the heart of our local area for generations. The board and staff celebrate the school’s multicultural composition. In particular, the school acknowledges the significant Pacific student community, and staff emphasise a strong sense of whānau, aiga and family within the College. We are seeking a leader who embodies Māngere College’s values of respect and responsibility and is committed to modelling excellence in leadership and outcomes for students.
The successful applicant will:
- Be experienced in senior leadership with strengths in relationships, teaching and learning
- Have a collaborative, empowering, and student-focused leadership approach
- Have a strong commitment to understanding and connecting with our staff, students and the local community
- Be passionate about advancing the aspirations of Māori and Pacific peoples
- Demonstrate a culturally responsive approach to leadership, with a focus on equity
- Understand how to give effect to Te Tiriti o Waitangi, value cultural diversity and will maintain our inclusive culture
If this sounds like you then we look forward to your application.
We welcome visits to the school. Please see page 8 of the application pack for details.
Commencement date will be Term 2, 2024.
Applications close 1:00 pm Friday 8 March.