Sancta Maria Catholic Primary School
Principal | Tumuaki
Flat Bush, East Auckland | Years 0-6 | 400 Students
This is an exciting opportunity to lead the second youngest Catholic primary school in Auckland. Our foundation principal is retiring, and our school community seeks a new principal to continue the vision and direction of the school. The successful candidate will be well supported by our committed and dedicated staff and will work alongside a motivated Board.
Our holistic vision is based on an understanding that head, heart, and hands are all involved and engaged in achieving well rounded, good citizens with a grounding in the Catholic faith. This vision is achieved by our mission, with Mary as our model. We are committed to celebrating a responsive, innovative, and inspiring Catholic education of excellence.
Our ideal candidate will be…
- A strong leader who continues the school’s vision, mission, and strategic direction, and builds on this over time.
- An experienced and capable strategic thinker who leads from the heart and holds a clear vision for future focused teaching and learning.
- Someone who sets and maintains high expectations and is committed to improved academic achievement for all learners through a broad, connected curriculum.
- Someone who creates an environment that is flexible, inclusive, and nurturing for neurodivergent students.
- A person with current pedagogical knowledge and understanding of the future directions of education in Aotearoa New Zealand.
- Someone who ensures wellbeing is a priority by focusing on and understanding the health and hauora of staff and students.
Condition of Appointment. Our new Principal will have a willingness and ability to take part in the religious instruction appropriate to the special character of the school. The appointee will be required to accept and recognise the responsibility to maintain and preserve the special character of the school.
We welcome visits to the school. Please see page 10 of the application pack for details.
Applications close 1:00 pm, Friday 1 March 2024
Position commences Term 2 2024 or as negotiated