Recruitment and appointment advice and support
The Education Group provides a broad range of services to assist schools, leaders, teachers and non-teaching staff to improve their practice and be the most effective they can be. These interactive sessions will provide the opportunity to examine your current practice and consider ways to improve that further. It will also provide the opportunity to interact with people from other settings and to share ideas and approaches.
Click on the service you require to learn more and for further information please email us or phone (09) 920 2173
Te Tiriti o Waitangi
Strengthening cultural capability
- Curriculum review and design
- Understanding Aotearoa NZ Histories
- Culturally Responsive Pedagogy
- Assessment for Learning
- Developing coherent pathways within and across your school, kura or Kāhui Ako
- Relationships for learning │ Whakawhānaungatanga
- Senior leadership professional growth cycles
- Principal performance review
- Setting up an effective Professional Growth Cycle systems and procedures
- MOE PLD
- Professional Learning Groups – Principals, DPs and APs, Middle Leaders
- One on one coaching, team coaching
- Board and governance training
- HR Profiling – DISC
- Leading effective meetings
Types of review we do - Culture, SLT, curriculum and pedagogy, department, student progress and achievement, particular aspects of school structure and organisation e.g., pastoral care, Boards and governance, community engagement, reporting to parents, inclusion
- Surveys - questionnaires, interviews and focus groups
- Data analysis – interpretation and use
- Specialist investigations
- Leadership Development
- Strategic and Annual Planning
- Culture and Vision Building
- Policy an Procedures Development
- Community Partnerships and Consultation
- Community partnerships and consultation
Do you have a new school Board, or a Board that would benefit from some training, to complement members' current skills, to enable them to provide wise governance and to best meet the varying and challenging needs of the school? For a bespoke workshop tailored to your school's specific requirements, please contact us.
We can offer support and advice choosing the right step for you.
We have a team of people highly skilled in supporting the development and revitalising of senior leadership teams, and for resolving dynamics that take them from dysfunction to highly effective performance.
Several of the team are skilled in conflict resolution and work with schools to facilitate or support the resolution of staff and parent or community issues.
One of our Directors, Nicky Knight, is available for staff development work in the ‘Skills for Adolescence’ and ‘Skills for Growing’ programmes.