Managing Challenging Conversations
For anyone, particularly those in leadership and managerial roles seeking to develop skills to effectively manage challenging workplace conversations.
Dates and Locations
$395 + GST (discount available for three or more participants from one school)
If registering more than one person, please use comments section of the registration form and include name and email addresses of each person attendingCancellation Policy
1 day workshop
Giving open, honest, and timely feedback is a cornerstone of effective leadership. However, it can also be a potential stumbling block. Managing differences between groups and individuals adds another layer of complexity. This workshop is specifically designed to provide you with practical, conversational strategies that lead to constructive solutions, where everyone feels heard and respected. Develop skills and confidence to effectively lead the different types of difficult conversations such as managing under-performance, giving sensitive feedback and change management. It is particularly suitable for those in leadership and managerial roles seeking to develop skills to effectively manage challenging workplace conversations.
- Confidence and Skills: Acquire the confidence and skills needed to navigate challenging conversations in various educational contexts.
- Coaching Approach: Learn to adopt a 'coaching approach' to guide discussions toward positive outcomes.
- Feedback Mastery: Develop the confidence and skills required to provide feedback that brings attention to blind spots in behaviors, attitudes, and performance.
- Enhanced Communication: Strengthen your communication skills, increasing the likelihood of success in challenging conversations.
Time: 8:30 am - 3:30 pm (registration from 8:15 am)
Minimum Requirements: Participants in this course have normally attended the Introduction to Leadership Coaching workshop. Ideally, participants will also have experience of applying their coaching skills in their workplace roles.
- Why ‘challenging’ conversations?
- Thinking about feedback and your personal lens
- Review – coaching and a coaching approach
- The Collaborative Feedback Pyramid
- Positive-based feedback
- Learning-based feedback
- Concern-based feedback conversations
- Your best challenging conversations
- Manager to team member feedback
- Moving to coaching
- Understanding feedback responses
- Peer to peer feedback
- Managing upwards – Team member to manager feedback
- Refining our language
- Receiving feedback
- Feedback response triggers
- Review and next steps
Please contact us if you are interested in holding this workshop in your school or Kāhui Ako