New to New Zealand
Empowering Teachers New to New Zealand
Dates and Locations
$695 + GST per person or $625 + GST pp for 3 or more registrations from the same school
If registering more than one person, please use comments section of the registration form and include name and email addresses of each person attending
2 Day Workshop
We understand that the transition to teaching in a new country can be both exciting and challenging. For overseas trained teachers who are new to New Zealand, we recognize the importance of providing comprehensive support to ensure a smooth integration into the NZ education system.
This workshop is designed to equip overseas trained teachers with essential insights and skills to thrive in the unique New Zealand educational context.
Participants will gain an understanding of:
- Assessment for learning pedagogy and High Impact Teaching Strategies
- Planning for differentiated teaching and learning
- Relationship Based Learning, PB4L and Restorative practice
- Common assessment tools
- Professional Responsibilities (Our Code, Our Standards) & PGC
- Insights into the NZ Education System
- Registration on day one opens at 8:15 am.
- Workshop starts promptly at 8:30 am each day and finishes at 3:30 pm