The Impact Cycle
Practical support for Senior and Middle Leaders to achieve powerful improvements in teaching and learning. You will learn how to strengthen the conversations with teachers and how to make observations purposeful to achieve positive shifts in teaching and learning practice and improve Professional Growth Cycle outcomes.
Dates and Locations
$795 + GST pp
Your fee includes a copy of Jim Knight’s book The Impact Cycle: What Instructional Coaches Should Do to Foster Powerful Improvements in Teaching and The Impact Cycle Reflective Guide bookCancellation Policy
This two-day programme provides practical support for Senior and Middle Leaders wanting to have better quality conversations about teaching and learning practice, in both formal and informal contexts. You will come away with processes and practices to strengthen your Professional Growth Cycle for all teachers.
There are no pre-requisites for this workshop
- The partnership principles and how to use them as a basis for coaching
- How instructional coaches can work with teachers to identify the shifts in practice needed, and how to set meaningful and achievable goals and next steps
- How coaches can partner with teachers to make adaptations until the goal and shifts in practice are embedded
- How to carry out purposeful observations
- How to go about explaining and modelling teaching strategies
- What a school can do to support this work so that all teachers benefit
Designed around the key themes of Dr Jim Knight’s 2018 book, The Impact Cycle: What Instructional Coaches Should Do to Foster Powerful Improvements in Teaching, the programme has been tailored to meet the needs of NZ school leaders and teachers.