Professional Growth Cycle & Performance Reviews
Senior leadership professional growth cycles
Setting up an effective Professional Growth Cycle systems and procedures
PRINCIPAL PERFORMANCE REVIEW
A professionally conducted, honest and independent appraisal is a Principal’s right and should be a very constructive exercise for the Principal and the school, focusing on personal and organisational growth.
- The appraisal should be based on the Principal’s job description, performance agreement and the professional standards
- The Principal should complete a self-appraisal exercise including a written summary (form will be provided) and discussion with the appraiser
- The Principal should be interviewed early in the process, and be involved throughout and discuss feedback with the appraiser while it is at a draft stage
- The analysis of school documents should form part of the data collection
- Interviews should be conducted with key personnel (Staff, Trustees, Support Staff). This can include group discussions with students of intermediate age
- The report should contain recommendations that the Principal and Board can use to develop the next performance agreement
There is no ‘one way’ or ‘formula’ for conducting an appraisal of a Principal. We work with the Principal and Board to negotiate a process that will meet the needs of all the parties and be financially realistic.
SENIOR LEADERSHIP APPRAISAL
The Education Group is very experienced at carrying out appraisals of senior leaders in schools.
As with principals’ appraisals there is no ‘one way’ or ‘formula’ for conducting the appraisal of senior managers. We are happy to work with the Principal to negotiate a process that will meet the needs of all the parties and be financially realistic.
An efficiently run school allows the people within it to engage in their primary tasks and to focus on important matters. From time to time it can be prudent for a school to carry out a review of its systems to ensure the systems are supportive of not detracting from the school’s overall operation. The Education Group is very experienced in carrying out staffing reviews including:
- Administration staff
- Support staff
- Teaching staff