Senior Leaders - Leading for Impact
Primary, Intermediate and Secondary Principals and other Senior Leaders
This is a comprehensive three day programme for Primary, Intermediate and Secondary Principals and other Senior Leaders. It covers key aspects of effective senior leadership.
This is an excellent opportunity to re-orientate your senior leadership team, post-COVID, to the core business of leading for impact. It will extend individual capability, build collective leadership team capacity and/or refresh their practice. The programme makes use of the latest leadership thinking and research, will be interactive and practical and will provide many opportunities to think about and apply content to each participant’s particular context.
A special feature is the opportunity to complete and use an Extended DISC Behavioural Analysis assessment, related to leadership styles. This is an online, self-assessed behavioural inventory that gives accurate data on which behavioural styles someone consciously and unconsciously displays. It is based on the Extended DISC model which has a proven statistical reliability and validity and has been successfully used in hundreds of organisations worldwide since 1994.
Day 1: Te Kaiārahitanga│Kaiārahitanga i Aotearoa│ Hurihia te Kaiārahitanga
- Leadership and leadership styles; thinking about your own leadership style
- Leading with cultural capability in our unique context of Aotearoa, New Zealand
- Leading, developing and sustaining culturally responsive practices in your setting
- Understanding and leading change
In between Days 1 and 2, each participant will complete the personal leadership profile.
Day 2: Te Mārama ki Taku Whakahaere │Te Kaha o te Kaiārihi │Whakahaere Mahi
- Working with a profiling expert to understand and use your profile analysis; school teams get the opportunity to work together on their profiles
- Applying strengths-based leadership to build relational trust; strategies for leading productive conversations
- Maximising performance management from recruitment and induction, through to building leadership capacity and managing performance concerns
Day 3: Whakamahere Rautaki│Arotake Rautaki│He Arahi i te ka toa kia ora ai
- School-wide strategic planning and reporting, including enacting te Tiriti of Waitangi, strategic planning processes, consultation, links with Local Curriculum
- Understanding evaluative and review practices
- Applying the new ERO and MOE requirements
- Strengthening review practices and applying these to your context
- Understanding and leading well-being, both individual and collective