Leading Assessment For Learning: Primary
This two day workshop is suitable for: Primary and Intermediate Leaders and Leadership Teams
Dates and Locations
- $695 + GST per person or $625 + GST for group registrations (3+)
- If registering more than one person, please use comments section of the registration form and include name and email addresses of each person attending
Assessment for Learning is fundamental to effective teaching and learning, culturally responsive practices and improving student progress and achievement. Although the philosophy and practices of Assessment for Learning are not new, as leaders, we need to strengthen and sustain the development and implementation of high impact strategies in classrooms, build coherence in our systems and practices, and effectively lead this process within schools, and across Kāhui Ako.
- Unpacking principles and purposes of assessment – linking these to the NELP, the refreshed New Zealand Curriculum and your local curriculum
- Understanding how to embed Assessment for Learning within culturally responsive practice
- Leading the development and implementation of high impact, practical Assessment for Learning teaching strategies in the classroom and across your school.
- Having quality conversations with your teachers about their Assessment for Learning practice
- Developing data literate teachers and assessment capable students
- Processes for leading, sustaining and embedding effective Assessment for Learning practices
- Building an Assessment for Learning culture in your context – modelling what you expect from your teachers